First Fish in new Boat!!

Archtx9

• 1 month later...
Was that a Go Pro you was filming with and did you have a mic on you?

Alan has a GoPro mounted on top of his outboard with an external power supply and he uses a mic with one of those fuzzy wind-reducers on it.

Sony makes a inexpensive wireless mic (WCS-999), You can find them used on the Bay. I had to buy another sending unit as it fell out of my pocket and into the drink, It started to float so I took to much time to reachhhhhhhhhhh. Gone. I've got a lanyard on the next one. I wanted to pick up audio, but you are always facing away from the camera, so this does the trick

Sony makes a inexpensive wireless mic (WCS-999), You can find them used on the Bay. I had to buy another sending unit as it fell out of my pocket and into the drink, It started to float so I took to much time to reachhhhhhhhhhh. Gone. I've got a lanyard on the next one. I wanted to pick up audio, but you are always facing away from the camera, so this does the trick

Does it work with Go Pro? How does it connect with it?

the receiving unit plugs into the mic jack on the GoPro....you need to use the skeleton case for the camera.

If you go this you need one of the fuzzy cover for the mic, too much wind noise otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...