Lunker punker question.

Ryan2421

Hello all

I just got a punker last week and I had a question regarding the line I use with it. I currently have 20lb PLine CXX on my setup. Can I get away with using this line or is braid absolutely necessary?

Also, any tip with using the punker is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ryan

You should be fine with that line. I'm not an expert with a punker but when you work it give it short pulls instead of trying to twitch it like conventional walking baits atleast thats how I work it and seems to work better.

80lb Dawia samurai braid to a 7.5ft mono leader 25 or 30lb pline pf, walks with ease, hardly foul hooks, and the little bit of stretch helps keep the fish on and st41 1/0's don't bend like how it would with straight braid.

thank you all for the input. i greatly appreciate it. now lets hope i can land my first punker fish.

Oh, i just realized i spelled punker wrong on the Subject part of the thread ***facepalm*** stupid auto-correct on the iPad.

20lb cxx works great for me. Always remember to adjust your rod to your line,..softer rod for braid and for me using mono i like to use my ldc XX custom. My 8in wood punker reacts well to that combo.