Mother for stripers

Heltonfsh

Striper don't need anything crazy to get them to eat IMO. I catch big ones on 9" bull shads, a-rigs, magnum sized top waters, big swimjig-Swimbait combos and big flukes. Unless you just want to catch one on a mother to say you did it, I would use baits that don't cost $400.

Striper don't need anything crazy to get them to eat IMO. I catch big ones on 9" bull shads, a-rigs, magnum sized top waters, big swimjig-Swimbait combos and big flukes. Unless you just want to catch one on a mother to say you did it, I would use baits that don't cost $400.

i totally agree. they arent picky or even line-shy. that said, i've got a Mother replica my buddy made me. i'll give that a shot next weekend and let u kno how it goes...

I think stripers are a little misunderstood. They can be really spooky fish..especially in larger sizes..they can be very very picky eaters aswell.

I use alot of big glide baits where i fish. Big top water and wake baits also work really well.

One thing i feel alot of people for get in swimbait fishing is research.

Learn and study your targets behavior, spawning and how they see colors. For example did you know that a striped bass is one of very few breeds that can actually see the color red even in extreme low light conditions?? So what may look like a trout to us may not even closley resemble a trout to them.

Just some food for thought... i would say throw what ever you like at them. A mother, a hinkle a hiroshima... just remember to have fun doing it