MA Noob

Irish972

Another central MA guy here. Like you, I always brought my smaller gear with me in the beginning as a security blanket when the swimbait bite was slow. The problem was I wasn't committing enough time throwing swimbaits and I was giving up on them to soon. Like Chuck (urbanhick) said, I started leaving my lighter gear at home and commiting 100% to throwing swimbaits only and my catch rate and quality of fish skyrocketed. It only takes a few good fish to help gain confidence in a certain bait and technique. Once you gain that confidence stick with it and you'll be sticking big fish.

Also a SB noob from south east MA toward the Cape. Mostly all the baits you have mentioned are proven in our waters. Take a look at the Real Prey baits, real good quality and home grown in Mass. 7" Golden Pond Shiner "White over Gold" in any style, perfect in between size bait for are abundance of shiner forage in local waters. Cheers bud lets stick some bassachusetts pigs!

Welcome to the game. Also an MA swimbaiter. Hate to say it but, I got into swimbaiting because it was not popular here in MA/NE at the time. Fish had no idea what hit them. And it's still pretty good. However now that it's becoming so popular I think the fish learn. Those of us on the fringe are going to have to innovate again to keep the fish on their toes...even though it's really picking up in popularity I pretty much have the lake to my self at night chucking slammers :lol: good luck on the water.