some baits

gturcan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought I share my first try at a soft bait: is a 6" shad, still in the prototyping phase.

The final version will have extra details, like fully 3D fins,  some more refined details under the mouth, stuff like this. Never thought the position of the 3D fins would matter so much but I found this the hard way... slightly modified angle and the bait starts helicoptering under water or comes to the surface too fast or swims on its side, you name it. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Finally I got it right and I'll try post a picture of the final version of this bait asap.

Till then, enjoy this picture of a midway prototype. Hope you like it.

post-21441-0-09005500-1436334085_thumb.jpg

thanks guys. I'm working on two new patterns for that shad: threadfin and golden shiner. they look very promising. meanwhile here is the dark gizzard pattern

Gabe, just wondering if that fine German engineering has produced the Golden Shiner yet ? If not, I'd like to get on a list for one or two. As everyone has said already.....Great Work.

Thought I share my first try at a soft bait: is a 6" shad, still in the prototyping phase.

The final version will have extra details, like fully 3D fins,  some more refined details under the mouth, stuff like this. Never thought the position of the 3D fins would matter so much but I found this the hard way... slightly modified angle and the bait starts helicoptering under water or comes to the surface too fast or swims on its side, you name it. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Finally I got it right and I'll try post a picture of the final version of this bait asap.

Till then, enjoy this picture of a midway prototype. Hope you like it.

What are you thinking for hooks? Top hook, belly hanger, weedless, jig head? 

What are you thinking for hooks? Top hook, belly hanger, weedless, jig head? 

Haven't decided yet. I'm inclined towards an internal harnes system, with a BB rig on top (were I will put a slot/sleeve also) and a bottom eyelet. Also considering a weedless system, but this would be for next year, cause right now I don't have the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Bryan, I only make the hard gliders shad and crappie for now - absolutely zero extra time. Imagine I'm working on softies for about a year already and I'm still not done... I'm a single guy operation so it takes time but hopefully I'll be able to offer the softies in fall.

No rush at all, quality trumps rushed out products everyday.

You couldn't have said it any better. I don't know how guys like Gabe, Matt Servant, Joe Rainville, or, Mike Shaw keep up with the supply & demand. Quality, Quality, Quality, Service, Service, Service..... :-)