What line to use?

Talllmike

I've been fishing swimbaits for about 2 month now and I have lost 5 swimbaits due to line snapping mid cast. I would under stand more of I hooked a log but in mid cast? Come on! I had 30lb sun line and even respooled with it a second time. After I lost my 5th bait I put on 65lb braid and I haven't got a bit since. Any one have a suggestion or preference?

i fish with 17-20 lb test for everything under 10 oz and have never broke off mid cast from anything other than a cracked guide that was cutting my line. as someone stated above, check all guides. I check them every trip because a few of the baits I use cost as much as a rod. hopefully you can get this dialed in. also beware fluorocarbon, gotta take a little extra care with knots using fluoro.

What diameter. I had 25 pound line with a small diameter and snapped off 3 times in casts untill i got 25 pound seaguar abraz x floro with a .17 diameter and have yet to loose any due to snapping

Same diameter as PF. Lass then half the cost.

Haha i was at bass pro and it was 30% off

There is something else going wrong. The line can not be snapping like that, unless you found some old line in the basement or you are throwing 15oz baits. Like other guys said...check your guides or maybe you are engaging the reel mid cast.

It's sunline mono I just bought the rod and have had the guys from the shop that I bought it from go over it. I make it a habit to keep thumb on the reel so that it won't engaged cast and I have been throwing nothing bigger them 6oz. I get it spooled at a pro shop. I think I just got bad line from what it seems like talk you guys for the help!

What do you all think the best line is for tossing the slide swimmer 250? Scared to death I am going to snap off mid-cast. I have been using floral Sunline Metan. I like the color but it's a lot of work to maintain. Always have to spray conditioner and check for nicks. Looking for an alternative.

Sorry didn't mean to high jack your thread.

What do you all think the best line is for tossing the slide swimmer 250? Scared to death I am going to snap off mid-cast. I have been using floral Sunline Metan. I like the color but it's a lot of work to maintain. Always have to spray conditioner and check for nicks. Looking for an alternative.

Sorry didn't mean to high jack your thread.

Lots of good line out there. But for me I choose 30 lb PLine PF. Reasons (1) its cheap on a bulk spool.(2) Memory is manageable and the line is supple.(3) its rated strength is actually 30 lbs. (4) most important reason, I have not broke off a big fish and landed every fish that had a good hooked set and good penetration. Of course check your line all the time and respool often.

Good luck on your search.

There is something else going wrong. The line can not be snapping like that, unless you found some old line in the basement or you are throwing 15oz baits. Like other guys said...check your guides or maybe you are engaging the reel mid cast.

Agreed 100%, you must have a bad guide that is wearing on your line, does the line look stringy after it snaps? if so, make sure there is no small nicks, that's all it takes...