I can't stand noobies!

Mossypumpkin

I just joined this sight but this most likely going to get me kicked off. First of all "Not Allowed" you. I joined this forum so that I could learn from people. I've been fishing my whole life and it people like you that ruin it for everyone. Someone that joins this site and reads your bull ish rant you just went on is going to be turned off instantly. I'm new to swimbaiting and I thought that I could learn some stuff on this forum and that why I joined. Don't get you panties in a bunch if I ask what line some people use. Don't be such a prick about "noobs" asking questions. Fishing is for everyone just because you've been doing it for 10 years and your sponsored doantake you better them anyone on this forum. Chill out

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how do I catch swimbape feesh n wen due I get sponcerd? :lol:

You get sponsored when you dont act like a know it all, swimbait expert and can learn to help out the new guys instead of pissing and moaning that they asked what the better reel is :D It's called having a personality. Some people should try one on for size lol

I'm defiantly picking up what you are putting down man! Glad someone spoke up about this issue! :D

Defiantly? Well, let's not start a revolution here boys.

The noob stuff gets old after awhile. Honestly, it's a major part of a lot of guys leaving, not logging on, or not answering questions.

Defiantly? Well, let's not start a revolution here boys.

The noob stuff gets old after awhile. Honestly, it's a major part of a lot of guys leaving, not logging on, or not answering questions.

I'm guilty of this too. With FB, FU(R.I.P.), SBBS, and even Rat TradersRUs(my personal fav :D ), hard to keep up on here. Plus, I feel you get to a certain point that you are comfortable with what you are throwing and instead of asking questions, you need to actually fish with someone better than you or have a detailed conversation with that person to really learn.....or my favorite method to learn:time on the water! I personally do a lot better when someone shows me that something works....like how I recently learned to fish a bait completely different than what I was(thanks again Profit ;) ). I still learn a ton of stuff on here as well though. You see what's working for someone, then figure out how it could work for you, not try to completely copy it from gear down to location........

In the amount of time it takes to say "why don't you go look at the 1000 threads that already talk about this", you can say "25lb flouro.....if you're throwing topwaters or wakes you probably wanna use mono or braid" or something of that matter.

I can't understand why people hate these "noobs" for asking questions. Opinions change over time and maybe that thing that you said on that thread a year ago.....you don't really agree with anymore. Maybe some new members have joined who live in close proximity and can offer help on similar types of water.

Give me a noob corner. I will teach some new guys to fish better than ya all lmao!! Let them play too . Don't answer it if you don't like it. Or take some anti depressant or something and post something good instead of BS and complain. :D have a great weekend everyone!

+1...Haha! Made my night. Again, feel free to me PM with any questions.

This is what it's about. A lot of good people willing to take time out and help on here. Don, I'll be first in line for that "noob corner".

In the amount of time it takes to say "why don't you go look at the 1000 threads that already talk about this", you can say "25lb flouro.....if you're throwing topwaters or wakes you probably wanna use mono or braid" or something of that matter.

I can't understand why people hate these "noobs" for asking questions. Opinions change over time and maybe that thing that you said on that thread a year ago.....you don't really agree with anymore. Maybe some new members have joined who live in close proximity and can offer help on similar types of water.

This. But apparently not everyone agrees...

I haven't been a member long, but i've raped that search button since joining. Lots of good info buried if you take the time to look for it. Thanks in advance for answering any noob question I ask and not stoning me for it :lol:

Brandon you got no worries my man!

I haven't been a member long, but i've raped that search button since joining. Lots of good info buried if you take the time to look for it. Thanks in advance for answering any noob question I ask and not stoning me for it :lol:

Brandon you got no worries my man!

Good to see you on here Tony! You got me started on swimbaitin and now i'm an open book looking to learn. Thanks again bro!

What the real problem isn't about noob repeat threads. You gotta look at the under lying issue. Majority of, no ALL of the experts, vets, old school guys whatever you want to call them paid their dues! They all went out there and figured out which lines work for THEM and specific situations. Which rods and reels THEY like. "What does it feel like when a fish bites your hudd?" ARE YOU FCUKING KIDDING ME? It feels a like a fish bit your god damn bait! It's about learning to fish and experimenting on their own. There is no instant gratification in this world. Most "noobs" unfortunately don't even come from a fishing background and that's what makes it so hard. They don't have the experience that greatly helps the learning curve. They aren't asking the right questions to want to engage anyone. I mean someone says I have a 15mm bolt to loosen what size wrench do I use? 15mm obviously it's point blank. You can't do that in fishing and especially swimbaits. You can't ask how do I fish a deps 250? There is an INFINTE amount of ways that they need to go out and figure out on THEIR OWN. Again paying their dues and putting in effort. You can't want to help someone that isn't willing to at least try some ish out on their own. If they try their heart out and admit defeat, I can respect that because that's still me, fish kick my ass repeatedly but I keep coming back. You don't see me posting threads saying "ok I read a bunch of threads and tried everything and it's still not working what can I do?" I'd tell me get the fcuk back out there and keep fishing and PAY ATTENTION to everything including the fishing.

Ask anyone that's been out with me fishing I LOVE teaching. In fact I like it more than catching fish most days, I get more pumped watching them apply what I taught them and seeing them hook up. It's more of an adrenaline rush for me now. They ask the right questions when actually out here with me doing it. And I've told all of them, there is the "text book" way and then this is what I've learned works better for ME, BUT you will have to figure out what works for you.

What the real problem isn't about noob repeat threads. You gotta look at the under lying issue. Majority of, no ALL of the experts, vets, old school guys whatever you want to call them paid their dues! They all went out there and figured out which lines work for THEM and specific situations. Which rods and reels THEY like. "What does it feel like when a fish bites your hudd?" ARE YOU FCUKING KIDDING ME? It feels a like a fish bit your god damn bait! It's about learning to fish and experimenting on their own. There is no instant gratification in this world. Most "noobs" unfortunately don't even come from a fishing background and that's what makes it so hard. They don't have the experience that greatly helps the learning curve. They aren't asking the right questions to want to engage anyone. I mean someone says I have a 15mm bolt to loosen what size wrench do I use? 15mm obviously it's point blank. You can't do that in fishing and especially swimbaits. You can't ask how do I fish a deps 250? There is an INFINTE amount of ways that they need to go out and figure out on THEIR OWN. Again paying their dues and putting in effort. You can't want to help someone that isn't willing to at least try some ish out on their own. If they try their heart out and admit defeat, I can respect that because that's still me, fish kick my ass repeatedly but I keep coming back. You don't see me posting threads saying "ok I read a bunch of threads and tried everything and it's still not working what can I do?" I'd tell me get the fcuk back out there and keep fishing and PAY ATTENTION to everything including the fishing.

Ask anyone that's been out with me fishing I LOVE teaching. In fact I like it more than catching fish most days, I get more pumped watching them apply what I taught them and seeing them hook up. It's more of an adrenaline rush for me now. They ask the right questions when actually out here with me doing it. And I've told all of them, there is the "text book" way and then this is what I've learned works better for ME, BUT you will have to figure out what works for you.

^ #realertalk ^ Well said :D

Puke! You are the one whining. Pay ur fckin dues and shut ur flap. Noobs in everything get crap from more experienced. Sounds like someone needs a vagisil refill.

"Oh ok" put it perfectly, letting the fish talk for you and letting the the hard work answer your questions is what noobs need. I havent been swimbaiting for long, but 90% of the questions asked have been answered or they can be answered with time on the water.

Damn I think some people need to get out of the house :lol::lol: You yankees are welcome in my boat if you drive down here, almost 80 degrees out today, pre-spawn, been fishing all day every day. Everyone asks dumb questions at some point in their life, everyone gets hazed too, its all good either way, just get out there and soak a bait all day and learn how to get bit! 8-)

You have to realize that all this is stupid and if your mad becuase people wanna know what line to use and what a bite feels like your a dick. When i first started which wasnt long ago. I didnt even know about this forum and throwing a swimbait i didnt know what to feel for and was skeptical. Dont get butthurt about it