Cast off

chefjayson

Thought this Might be a fun topic. Has anyone ever had a cast off on a floater and while you where trying to retrieve it, while it was basically dead sticking itself out in the middle of the lake. You saw a fish hit your lure and take it? I was at a little spot I fish the other day and cast off my Royal flash Jr in Bluegill. I tide on another floating wake bait and started casting at it to get it back took me 30 minutes to snag it. The whole time i'm thinking to myself this thing is gonna get smoked. Luckily I got it back...WINNING!

Ive had that happen with a shellcracker. Twitched it and my knot came out some how, and it was just floating there for a sec while i went over to get it because it was so close to the bank. It got smacked and i was like really. It has to get eaten now. And then it floated back up and i got it

seen it happen during a wide open striper bite when they were on a ball of trout dude casted off his punker into the feeding frenzy as I tried snagging it with my punker it got swirled and blown up on four or five times

My buddy casted off his 7" slammer when we first started swimbaiting about 7 years ago, luckily he was parallel to the shore and not to deep, he took his shorts off and was about waist deep, just as he was about to grab it, a fish nailed it, he ended up getting the slammer by the tail, and pulled it up, she was a dink about 1 lbs, but still pretty cool, caught a fish on the slammer with no line, no pole, no reel :lol::lol::lol: we laughed about that one for a while, looked for the picture but couldn't find it!

My buddy casted off his 7" slammer when we first started swimbaiting about 7 years ago, luckily he was parallel to the shore and not to deep, he took his shorts off and was about waist deep, just as he was about to grab it, a fish nailed it, he ended up getting the slammer by the tail, and pulled it up, she was a dink about 1 lbs, but still pretty cool, caught a fish on the slammer with no line, no pole, no reel :lol::lol::lol: we laughed about that one for a while, looked for the picture but couldn't find it!

That's Awesome!