Nice lure retriever

Bonesaw

Vikingbear turned me on to this lure retriever. It has not failed us yet. Saved us hundreds if not thousands, and probably a few swims as well. It is on eBay made by a musky guy in PA named toothyfishman. It is beefy. The thing weighs 1.5 pounds. I think he makes an even bigger one special order but 1.5 lbs is large enough in my opinion. I believe the .44mag lure retriever weighs 9 or 10 oz.

It costs 15$ plus shipping (21 total for me in nc). If you search musky lure retriever it pops up.

The weight of it usually knocks the lure free, but if your snagged good you can bounce the retriever on the bait and get one of the hooks with the chains and pull it up that way. Might straighten some hooks but oh well.

You have to supply your own rope, and he says he will repair it if it ever breaks. Pays for itself after one use.

post-717-14252996408506_thumb.jpg

Well get a vid up soon.

I probably should have stated for people unfamiliar with retrievers that any lure retriever only can work when your line is close to vertical. So it really only works from a boat or kayak. If your on the bank and your lure is snagged 20 yards away your SOL.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
That thing looks pretty solid.. Does the shear weight of it break the bait free or do the chains snag hooks. I obviously don't know, I've never used one hah

Yes usually the weight (~24oz) will knock it free. The chains are there to snag hooks and bend them off the snag. I'd say over 9 out of 10 times the bait will knock free.