Waking Rat Baits

Birdi23nls

I know this topic has been discussed before and have read some the other threads. But I am wanting to buy a rat bait, very soon. I have never owned one but think they would be a fun bait to throw.

I'm not really interested in pay a $100 plus for one, unless i was convinced that the lure excelled over others. I really like the swim of the johnny rats and was getting ready to buy one until I just bought another deps 250.

Having said all that, what rat would you recommend below $100? I know I don't want a rago rat of any kind but other than that, I'm open to suggestions.

A few rats I was thinking about were

Austin lure rat

Morning wood...2 piece or 3?

PB rat, which is around $100...if so, were can you find these for sale?

And as stated above the Johnny's rat which is over the $100 mark. But I really like the way it swims and wakes

Thanks

Jared

I have only fished the CL8 possums, but I have nothing but good to say about them. I like the big one for nighttime and the baby for day. Very loud and squeeky. I do really want to try a MW 3 piece, too. I hear they are pretty loud baits..

I don't know of any video's, but this review is top notch by FishDr... if you have any questions that his review doesn't cover I would shoot this guy a PM, he's got his time in

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13702

I only got maybe 10 hrs or so with experience on these but I have both the waking and cranking versions and LOVE them both!!! especially the cranking baby... shell cruise 4-5 ft below the surface with little effort, perfect for how I like to fish

Highly recommend for a great price!

Sub 100$ is all Cl8 bait. Personally I didnt think it swam all that special, but you cant argue with results. Those possums plain catch fish and they get big ones.

Highly doubt you will find a PB for a $100, unless someone doesn't know what they have. Best bet is find a El Raton, Morning wood or Cl8.

Ya, I think I got the PB rat and the el raton mixed up. Any idea where I can find a PB rat and maybe a video to see the action?

Highly doubt you will find a PB for a $100, unless someone doesn't know what they have. Best bet is find a El Raton, Morning wood or Cl8.

Ya, I think I got the PB rat and the el raton mixed up. Any idea where I can find a PB rat and maybe a video to see the action?

Good luck finding a PB. Just get a CL8 or MW and save yourself the hassle