Glide baits. Deps,rago,hph

BBF_Baits

Seems like a fair question to me. Haven't caught many on a glide, but the ones I did were early in the morning before nine, generally calm. Have had a few followers but couldn't get them to bite. No feathers on them.

Anytime in my opinion is a good time to throw the big glide baits. I have not caught many fish yet on them still somewhat new to them but fishing in general low light and wind are always a plus but with these glides one positive in fishing them on bright calm days is you may not get bit but it is easier to see followers and figure out where the big girls live. Then you can learn from the spots where you saw them and fish more spots like that and up your chances or if and when conditions change go back to where the followers were and throw a hudd or deadstick type of bait since you know there is a good fish around.

I mean if you look at a lot of the cali giants caught on glides, a fair amount have been on sunny bluebird days but depending on where you live and the time of year, clouds can be your best friend.

What is the best conditions to fish glide baits the the 250 and Glideator? Do u want calm or windy days? Cloudy or sunny? And do feathered hooks help or hurt?

The best condition is when they are hungry. Period ;) I don't know of a bass hunger meter yet lol

I have done best in low light conditions, wind seems to help. Still, this only applies to shallow water presentations, 7 feet or less. I haven't had the patience or balls to fish them deep, but I would assume if one were to target them in 15-20 feet of water on deeper structure conditions may not matter as much.

If your fishing a clear lake like 20 feet visibility then you only let it sink a little. They come from like 1000 feet away to your bait. Thats why sunny no wind helps a lot. You can see that. Its so sick seeing the size fish that come up for it

Glad i saw this, for me my Lake/Pond has about 5-6 feet visibility which is pretty clear in my book. On. SUNNY day with NO WIND, i feel like i have to be that much more stealthy. Especially when im in the boat. I feel as if they can see me and my every move..

Is this just me or "Is the wind your friend" more than an enemy?