Spots on the G2 shell cracker

Rogervang

Weather got hot and decided to do some night fishing. Took out the savage gear line thru and it got beaten up but no hook up. Ended up having to retire it so I barrow a g2 shell cracker and what do you know. Bam! Haha. Two trips with countless catches. Two nights, with the two biggest. Gotta be bigger ones in there. Only one way to find out.

This one at 4lb, 12oz

image_zps4a5f28aa.jpg

This one at 5lb, 4oz

image_zpsa0ba980d.jpg

Nice fish. I've had a couple of G2s for a while but never used them much - just always reached for the Mattlures Hardgills when I wanted a gill bait. Then last week I watched a video of the G2 and it kind of opened my eyes to using it around heavy cover. Spent a lot of today tossing a G2 into scattered lily pads. It comes through those much better than you might think and it got hammered a good number of times. While I'm doing this I'm thinking "This thing has a lot of thump. Wonder how it would work at night?"

NOW I KNOW! Thanks.

Nice fish. I've had a couple of G2s for a while but never used them much - just always reached for the Mattlures Hardgills when I wanted a gill bait. Then last week I watched a video of the G2 and it kind of opened my eyes to using it around heavy cover. Spent a lot of today tossing a G2 into scattered lily pads. It comes through those much better than you might think and it got hammered a good number of times. While I'm doing this I'm thinking "This thing has a lot of thump. Wonder how it would work at night?"

NOW I KNOW! Thanks.

i too never really thought about using a g2 too. just happen that i didnt have a good lure after the line thru got chewed up. throwing these at night is pretty fun. all u heard is "SPASH!" haha