Recovered TT

JDHanson79

So back in April I lost my TT to a stump at the local pond. Well with the warm weather and very little rain the water has dropped enough that I could see my TT. So I got my waders on and got it back this morning. Needless to say after about three and half months in the pond it needs some TLC. The hooks were toast along with the tail. The paint was bubbling up and falling off and lets not forget the slime coat. So here are my question's.

- After that long under water is it possible that the material has become water logged to the point that it will affect the action of the bait?

- Where can I buy replacement tails?

post-148-14252985262903_thumb.jpg

post-148-14252985263375_thumb.jpg

Congrats Man!

That's great you were able to wait it out to get it later on.

You might be better off just calling the mfg. and possibly sending it to them for repairs. You be surprised at the way many mfg. treat their customers in this kind of situation. They would also be the ones to go to for replacement tails as well I would think. If they can't or won't help then I'd probably put some hooks on it and see what it does before investing in custom painting. I really doubt that the material used for the bait would be compromised by the water though. Let us know how things work out for you plz.

Tim

Nice save! I was cleaning up the other day and found a bag with 2 replacement tails, I'll send them to you tomorrow.

Ben like I said before class act thanks man!

That TT looks familiar, is it a custom paint? Congrats on the retrieve!

No it isn't a custom paint. Scaled hitch is the color. I was able to snag it off of e-bay earlier this year. This is the second time that I lost the bait and was able to get it back.

They are resin based so it shouldn't have absorbed any water and the performance should be the same. You should be able to slap a tail on and be back in action...

JK

That's what I was hoping to hear thanks.