Stripers, wetsuiting and topwater

chefchris

almost all of my time is spent chasing big stripers in new england when im not throwing swimbaits to bass or working 60 plus a week in a 100 degree kitchen.

striper fishing this year from shore has been way off, the fish are holding off shore and the boat guys are cleaning up, so its been a gring finding quality fish, anything over 25lbs and 40".

finally hit a decent striper the other night while wetsuiting, fish went 41" and mid 20lb range, fought amazing and big surf made for a memorable fight, pulled a lot of drag and fought hard

then day hit a famous spot in mass for some topwater love, fish breaking the surface and macs and butterfish busting out of the water, always a blast to watch, 20-40lb fish break the surface, but they were super picky, only managed one on a teal mac pencil/spook, my buddy couldnt buy a bite and broke off his best bait and ended up going for a swim to get it back at 615am.

all my stripers are released after some quick pics, unless they dont revive i dont keep em.

post-4258-14253001320375_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1425300132276_thumb.jpg

I love stripers and I love Mass. Please adopt me. :lol:

I thought I knew what day hotspot you were referring to, but I don't think anybody would go for a swim there based on the current. ;)

no youre right in the place you are thinking! it was slack tide, fish breaking everywhere and my buddy snaps off his go to extra mojo plug, after watching floating and bobbing around for 10-15 minutes, he decides to go after it instead of catching fish, wasnt that far out maybe 30-40 feet, but still entertaining for everyone around. then he reties and the fishing slowed down to a crawl and it was over, short lived bite

no youre right in the place you are thinking! it was slack tide, fish breaking everywhere and my buddy snaps off his go to extra mojo plug, after watching floating and bobbing around for 10-15 minutes, he decides to go after it instead of catching fish, wasnt that far out maybe 30-40 feet, but still entertaining for everyone around. then he reties and the fishing slowed down to a crawl and it was over, short lived bite

;) Love that spot. Haven't been there in years. :(

• 5 weeks later...