Deps front shell length

asterik216

I just bought a 115 off of someone on here and noticed the front shell is longer then the body. It hangs past where the end of the front body is and is almost a half inch or some of just extra rubber running past the lure. I am not sure how much it matters but when you bend it the back end will run into the front shell that is hanging over and I think it might be limiting its glide because it hits the shell and stops bending any more. I don't know if I should leave it like this or maybe cut down the shell even witht he body?

I'm assuming this is your first slide swimmer?

Don't touch that overlap. It's part of the bait design.

I have a 175 but the overlap is no where near as pronounced as it is on the 115. I am just trying to think of anything I can do to give that little thing a bit more of a wider S or glide.

I have a 175 but the overlap is no where near as pronounced as it is on the 115. I am just trying to think of anything I can do to give that little thing a bit more of a wider S or glide.

I would just try a 145. try not to mess with it I would say. they don't make em like that no more..... I think :( I could be wrong tho

twitch it like your walking the dog the 115s have a really tight action.