Deps SS Front Split Rings?

asterik216

I am kind of curious if everyone fishes them with the split ring? Maybe some people will tie directly to them? I personally changed mine for quality snaps of equal weight well really close i guess so it still sinks level. I am not a fan of round split rings and never much have been.

you line when you tie to it has a tendency to want to end up where it is singled up and then it will restrict how can it can travel and that section can catch the eye and also restrict movement. It can even work its way between the rings on sometimes I would always change crankbaits or whatever might have a round ring to oval ones.

I would maybe tie directly to it but I don't think it glides as well that way. S-Wavers do not come with anything up front but I add a snap and it make a very notable difference to me in the glide.

Ring. Snaps fail. I have literally never had any of those problems you described on anything but a crank bait with 8-12lb mono. Even then I just cut it and retie, the line shouldn't move once the knot is cinched.

+1 Ive only ever had that happen on cranks with a loop knot.

That is probably true that it will only happen on cranks. But I still changed them out and I don't use crappy snaps either. they more then plenty strong and do not come undone. I am also not catching 10# fish where im at. Or even something like multiple 8 or 9 in a day. Just one of those would be a very very nice fish. They are more realistically around 5# and that is a overall good fish from any place here.

I actually put the original split ring back on the 115 today after this and was at a buddies who has a mosquito right by his house and we to check it out. It wasn't like I thought I remembered. It seems and if I felt it so much more all of a sudden. After a decent pause once I would turn the handle it seems like I would glide so hard and with the head turn. You could almost take it as a fish hitting if you didn't know better. That was also on 12# Cxx and a falcon bucco