Triple Trout Issue

aikenyounggun

I just recently bought a TT and a punker from TW. I have had issues with the punker (another thread on here started by someone else) floating sideways, so I'm going to contact TW and see what they say.

But, before I do that I also have a question concerning the TT I received. It's the blue trout color and looks really good, but on the top of the bait there is some hazing nears the joints. The majority of the middle section has this haze (its a ten inch if that matters).

This hazing sort of looks like the steam on your mirror once you take a shower. When I first got it out of the package I tried to wipe it off. But it won't just wipe off.

So is this a clear coat problem? Just an issue with the paint? And the biggest question is this something I should be worried about? If I end up sending the punker back, I might as well send this back at the same time if it is a big issue.

Just new to big baits and expect quality for the price, but can understand small/inconsequential defects. And as a thanks for reading this, I'll share that I bought these baits because I let a MS slammer fly out of my boat two weekends ago. You read right, fly out of the boat. Was in a hurry in the morning and had left it just sitting out and took off down the lake and couldn't find it an hour later. :roll: First swimbait fish came on that bait. But soothed my heartache by buying another, and a TT/punker.

I'd send it back and have it replaced.

I just purchased an 8" TT during their Labor Day sale. I threw it maybe 7-10 casts and it's already got places where it's got chips of missing paint. I don't feel this is normal for only a handful of casts. It was in open water so it's not like it hit anything.

Its hard for me to say what I would do without a pic, but in all honesty it would be fine to keep it. It won't have any paint left near the joints after a day fishing anyway. I swear TTs and slammers only catch more fish the more jacked up they look

This. Paint is overrated.

x3 just fish it. the more mine get jacked up the better I feel about throwing them. I have some that are missing eyes and they still catch. so don't lose confidence in it. I like mine to look a little retarded. I think the fish key in on the weak Retards. jmo