Abu Garcia Revo Beast

oscvr_m

Let me give a quick preface before I go into this: I am extremely new to swimbait fishing and have never held a Lexa.

But, I got the Revo Beast right when it came out. I am a Revo guy and it came out at the exact right time as I was getting into swimbait fishing and also had some money laying around.

Either way I have thrown it now for maybe 10 hours. First off, it fits in the hand awesomely. Its profile is even smaller than expected. Also, the weird handle grips are actually comfortable. I thought I might get the reel and hate them, but I don't even notice them when I'm fishing. It's really comfortable to fish and really light.

The one drawback I have noticed so far is that the spool isn't quite as big as I expected. I made the mistake of putting 30lb big game on the reel and I can cast it to the spool with a punker/other heavy bait. My fault, just still getting used to having a really expensive bait on lighter line. I can update once I finally put 20 or 25 on.

Also, the reel is has these "tears" down the side, like some big animal tore the paint (for the name "beast"). You can't really seem them on TW, and they aren't really noticeable unless you're really close. Its pretty subtle. I personally think they don't add anything, but they don't look terrible either (purely aesthetical note).

Unfortunately I haven't caught a fish on it so I can't speak to the drag. Also can't make any direct comparison to other "big bait reels". Other than that, I have really liked it so far.

If you have any other specific questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Handles big.airs like a charm. Handles decent fish too. Love the 7:1 for glide baits. I think the spool is deep enough if you aren't using rope... I use 20lb seaguar flourocarbon and I have plenty of line. The drag is no c e and the handle is nasty! I'd recommend it to a friend.

The little beast logo on the fireplace is kinda tack but u can't notice it.

The best thing about this reel is the size of body and size of handle. I give it 8.5/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Whats a good low pro reel besides a lexa that can handle 30lb and has high gear ratios I have 5 calcuttas but my wrists and hands r gettin trashed with baits over 7 oz

I've heard good things about the revo toros. The 60 size might be what you're looking for

Whats a good low pro reel besides a lexa that can handle 30lb and has high gear ratios I have 5 calcuttas but my wrists and hands r gettin trashed with baits over 7 oz

I've heard good things about the revo toros. The 60 size might be what you're looking for

Ya that's exactly what I was lookin at they look pretty bad and good capacity.. Can the power handle be swapped?

• 8 years later...
On 9/19/2014 at 6:28 PM, aikenyounggun said:

Let me give a quick preface before I go into this: I am extremely new to swimbait fishing and have never held a Lexa.

But, I got the Revo Beast right when it came out. I am a Revo guy and it came out at the exact right time as I was getting into swimbait fishing and also had some money laying around.

Either way I have thrown it now for maybe 10 hours. First off, it fits in the hand awesomely. Its profile is even smaller than expected. Also, the weird handle grips are actually comfortable. I thought I might get the reel and hate them, but I don't even notice them when I'm fishing. It's really comfortable to fish and really light.

The one drawback I have noticed so far is that the spool isn't quite as big as I expected. I made the mistake of putting 30lb big game on the reel and I can cast it to the spool with a punker/other heavy bait. My fault, just still getting used to having a really expensive bait on lighter line. I can update once I finally put 20 or 25 on.

Also, the reel is has these "tears" down the side, like some big animal tore the paint (for the name "beast"). You can't really seem them on TW, and they aren't really noticeable unless you're really close. Its pretty subtle. I personally think they don't add anything, but they don't look terrible either (purely aesthetical note).

Unfortunately I haven't caught a fish on it so I can't speak to the drag. Also can't make any direct comparison to other "big bait reels". Other than that, I have really liked it so far.

If you have any other specific questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

• 2 weeks later...