Pizz Customs Drift

swaggner33

Can anyone give me a review on the Pizz Customs Drift slow sink and the pros and cons?

Ive had mine now for about 4 months, unfortunetly got it right after our glide bite died here in new england

got two, one trout and one perch, both slow sink.

changed out the hooks to owner st 41s

action on the bait is great, nice wide glide, can be burned, twitched, sinks level and suspends on the pause. doesnt roll on the burn either

havent gotten a fish to commit on it, or any glide since april up here, but have had some giant followers, should be getting bit again real soon with cooler temps coming.

Great paint in any pattern you can throw at him. Nice wide glide, along the lines of a 250. very surprising coming from a bait that isn't super big like a deps. You can burn it, slow roll it, twitch it without it rolling on you. Better swim than glides of comparable size that i have fished (negotiator, deps 175, swaver)

I hate glide baits this size but they seem to be a necessary evil. They don't really glide well, they tend to roll, don't stay true (ride up), and end up being one trick ponies where they can only be fished at a very specific speed.

The Drift had none of these issues. It fishes like a 10" bait (a good one like the Deps). It has a nice wide glide which means you can fish it at varying speeds, and it stays true at the depth you count it down to.

I have put quite a few hours into this bait since summer time usually mean smaller baits and the paint is still in great shape. I got the splattered kokanee pattern and it is very nicely done.

I'll see if I can find some screen captures of some fish but most of the fish were your typical summer fish in the 3 - 5 lb range which were a warm welcome from the usual skunkage I was facing fishing the Deps 250. I should also add that I had found some smaller fish that were hot on a wicked-fast jerkbait bite and that is how I fished the Drift for the bigger models. The good thing about this bait is that you can do the burn and stop and it doesn't blow out. Also, it has some weight to it (4.5 oz) so you can fish it with a little heavier rod and really get some distance casting into the wind with it.

Hope this helps,

-Ali