injected slide swimmer 175

crappie25

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody throw these for pike and muskies?

Would need to fish flouro in the 50lb range for bite leader. Was wondering how they swim with a big leader.

I use these and 250's for pike. I use about 12" of 100lb fluoro leader crimped right to the bait (no split ring) with a solid ring on the other end.

image_zps195d426d.jpg

How's it swim compared to 17-20lb? Catching fish on it?

The baits are big enough that I can't notice any difference in the swim from the leader. Yes they catch fish. Pike really don't seem line shy anyways, have caught them for most of my life with 25lb steel leaders. The Fluoro is me trying for just that little bit of extra realism. They are lighter in the water than metal leaders and help the bait stay more level on a pause.

Anybody play around with the weighting system? Can you get it to float, suspend, or fast sink? How does it swim with different ROFs?

Also, do you think the spring weight adds anymore drawing power to bait, especially when fished in stained water? Basically, does it really work as intended?

Finally, how does it compare to a converted SK as far as overall fish catching ability? Would you say it works better? Are all these "improvements" really worth it?

Thanks in advance, fellas. ...just want to make sure these things are worth it before dropping the dough on them. There aren't many reviews on them just yet, understandably.