BOYCOTT deps 175/250

Bass nutz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. I read all the respnonses. I am at a loss for words. I didnt expect much from the 250 years ago. I believe I can build baits better than what u can but mass produced most of the time. Ive built alot of different glides and been praised for them and the way the perform. Ive fished a ton of different glides over the years also. Im not the most successful glide bait guy but ive been throwing the gan craft before i even herd of the 250. Anyone that has used a numerous amount of glide baits will know the 250 out performs almost all glides. Hinkle has a wide slow glide, gan craft a little narrower, mother does some stuff well, but the 250 can do it all and do it all very well. You can rip it burn it walk it slow roll, on the pause it will glide out further than other baits ive used. I am really never impressed with any hard baits. Even my own i pick apart, but the 250 is an incredible bait, especially since it is commercially produced. It offers many things that no other glide offers. Even the front hook position is different than other baits. I dont think there is denying that the 250 is one of the most dynamic innovative and productive swimbaits in recent history. Theres too much evidence and results to argue against that. Fish get conditioned to every lure. Not throwing a 250 because they are conditioned to it is like not throwing a speed trap on the delta because it has been the most popular crankbait on the delta for 20 yrs. But its still one of the most productive. Like not flipping a senko cuz the fish have seen it 238954328927 times. The 250 give alot less negative clues about itself than most any other hardbait. even if the fish bite it and dont get hooks or nip the tail, its a softer feel, more natural. So, boycotting one of the best baits out there cuz it costs alot is fine, but the 250s to good for most anyone to join u. Not having a 250 in your line up, sorry to say, you are plain missing out on big bites.

Well said I'm glad i picked one up and I'm pretty positive no fish have seen them in my lake yet...

ok. I read all the respnonses. I am at a loss for words. I didnt expect much from the 250 years ago. I believe I can build baits better than what u can but mass produced most of the time. Ive built alot of different glides and been praised for them and the way the perform. Ive fished a ton of different glides over the years also. Im not the most successful glide bait guy but ive been throwing the gan craft before i even herd of the 250. Anyone that has used a numerous amount of glide baits will know the 250 out performs almost all glides. Hinkle has a wide slow glide, gan craft a little narrower, mother does some stuff well, but the 250 can do it all and do it all very well. You can rip it burn it walk it slow roll, on the pause it will glide out further than other baits ive used. I am really never impressed with any hard baits. Even my own i pick apart, but the 250 is an incredible bait, especially since it is commercially produced. It offers many things that no other glide offers. Even the front hook position is different than other baits. I dont think there is denying that the 250 is one of the most dynamic innovative and productive swimbaits in recent history. Theres too much evidence and results to argue against that. Fish get conditioned to every lure. Not throwing a 250 because they are conditioned to it is like not throwing a speed trap on the delta because it has been the most popular crankbait on the delta for 20 yrs. But its still one of the most productive. Like not flipping a senko cuz the fish have seen it 238954328927 times. The 250 give alot less negative clues about itself than most any other hardbait. even if the fish bite it and dont get hooks or nip the tail, its a softer feel, more natural. So, boycotting one of the best baits out there cuz it costs alot is fine, but the 250s to good for most anyone to join u. Not having a 250 in your line up, sorry to say, you are plain missing out on big bites.

+100. Czar is 100% spot on

I am not sure how they rank against other fish in terms of intelligence but as far as mental capacity goes they are brain dead. There short term memory is around 5 seconds I believe and we give them way to much credit. Like they are some crafty creature making mental calculations on of they should eat you bait or not. Everything is reaction or natural instinct. Your lure doesn't pass them and they think what the "Not Allowed" was that thing with hooks? No way I'm eating that since fish don't have those.

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I've never paid over $200 for one, that includes shipping/taxes. I've had them shipped from japan, bought new and used locally too. The key is to be patient and know where and when to look. Just got a brand new one yesterday for $175. There out there and there not marked up...

Just got one from the last batch for 175. Pretty sure the price at bassathon for the butch ones were 150.

I think it was 180 at bassathon. But when theyre selling for $300 anything under $200 is a killer deal to me

+1

this is by far the most well written and thought out thing i have read on this site in a long time

+1

Got 2 when they were cheap just sayin it's ridiculous how everybody's rippin is off..

I've never paid over $200 for one, that includes shipping/taxes. I've had them shipped from japan, bought new and used locally too. The key is to be patient and know where and when to look. Just got a brand new one yesterday for $175. There out there and there not marked up...

+1 if there's a will theres a way