Best swimbait setup

ATLbassin28

Best all around rod for me is a custom rod built on a Rainshadow SW967 blank. Throws everything from one oz baits up to four ounce baits pretty well. It's better suited for hard baits up to four oz but if I can only take one rod with me I will throw soft plastic baits on it as well and go up to five oz on baits and just lob the cast more. Lexa 300 for the reel.

Best all around rod for me is a custom rod built on a Rainshadow SW967 blank. Throws everything from one oz baits up to four ounce baits pretty well. It's better suited for hard baits up to four oz but if I can only take one rod with me I will throw soft plastic baits on it as well and go up to five oz on baits and just lob the cast more. Lexa 300 for the reel.

Someone get this man an LDC! lol

But seriously, I like LDC a rods and a Lexa or a Calcutta.

Someone get this man an LDC! lol

But seriously, I like LDC a rods and a Lexa or a Calcutta.

:lol: I like the LDC rods as well and have borrowed some from clients when I was guiding and used them all day. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I needed one at the moment and it fit the purpose at the time. I am just a fan of the SW967 blank for a multipurpose swimbait blank that covers a large variety of weights and baits with the exception of the bigger baits. I wouldn't even say its the "best" rod as it's a lower priced blank but it 's the best for the purpose asked for me. And with a custom builder whether it be LDC or someone else I can usually choose or know the quality of the guides etc. and know the quality of work that is going into the rod. When I had swimbait rods made in korea, china etc. from the non custom brands there were always so many problems with the rods and I didn't have time to do without or use the warranty for so many rods that broke, or had guides that came off or broke , reel seats that broke came loose etc. I always felt with the main store brands I was paying 100-200 plus for a rod that was priced two to three times what it should be for them to have a huge number of staffers getting a discount and have to replace my rod over and over. So the rods I use/buy now are mostly custom built and I have had no problems with the exception of one I broke myself putting it in the truck.

Depending on your budget a lower budget setup that works well would be an Okuma Guide Select MH,H,XH depending on what size baits your looking to throw paired with a Shimano Cardiff 300 or 400. If you have more of a budget to work with then a production LDC with a Calcutta or even better a custom LDC with a Calcutta.

• 10 months later...