Mattlures Deadstick

justahnn

I want to buy a 10" dead stick from Matt, but I don't know whether to get the regular dead stick or dead stick twitch.

What do you all think?

i like the twitch, personally, you can impart a little action on it on the retrieve ( ill move it every 5-10 cast while im fishing another bait), or every now and again, and seems to have more action while its just floating out there, i havent caught a thing on mine, but it does get some attention and fish swimming around it, if i notice the fish arent into biting it, ill throw another bait in the general area and usually gets eaten.

make sure to get some mend it for the eyes, mine popped off the first trip, and i just glued another set back on.

buddy has had luck on stocking days with it, if youre lucky enough to find the trucks :D

Yeah I had an issue with eyes not sticking. The glue I had been using for years, suddenly doesn't work very well any more. I have switched to the locktite brand super glue and it works great. I do not recommend Mend-it for glueing eyes on. If you plan on working the bait at all then the twitch is better but if your only going to deadstick it then I have gotten more fish on the dead stick.