BPS now own's Ranger, Triton, Startos

CarolinaBoy4life

Damn! I wonder if they continue on with these brands in the future. I can see them continuing on with the Ranger brand, as it is so well known. This will be a major shakeup in the bass boat manufacturing industry for sure.

I'm guessing the market is either shrinking or cooling off considerably since prime time in the '90's-'00's. Same as with fly fishing and other outdoor sports. Basscar never took off with the public like so many had hoped...Thank Crom!!

Pity about Ranger though. My '88 is still in great shape and helping me chase the feeshes.

If they change the quality over to what Nitro is then these brands are in big trouble.

This. (Don, stop reading, I know you love your Nitro), but to me this is a sad deal for the industry if BPS turns these quality brands into their typical, generic, not quite as good as the real thing versions.

If they change the quality over to what Nitro is then these brands are in big trouble.

This. (Don, stop reading, I know you love your Nitro), but to me this is a sad deal for the industry if BPS turns these quality brands into their typical, generic, not quite as good as the real thing versions.

:lol: Ish was talking about this at C&C with the guys today.

I will go out on a limb and say the quality will most likely remain the same. They will now have the ability to sell different levels of luxury besides nitro, tracker and mako. They will also have to ability to improve each company by sharing all the intellectual property of the companies between one another.

Volkswagen owns Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini but their quality remains.

Skeeter is owned by yamaha and still makes a nice boat. Basscat is still independent and makes a nice boat. There's also Phoenix as mentioned previously (they seem like nice boats but I've never been in one so I can't say for sure. They look hideous to me though.) There's also Legend boats that are really nice and are probably some of the best built boats out there considering the fiberglass is hand laid. They look really good too. All of that to say that BPS definitely doesn't have the market cornered. There's still plenty of competition out there and I didn't even mention the ultra speed boat makers like allison, gambler, bullet, and stroker.