Slammer or Punker?

lmv_bassfishing

I know they're very different baits, but if u had to choose which 1 would u pick and why?

I've caught a lot more fish on the Slammer than the Punker…but I also throw the Slammer a lot more. Still, I carry a Punker with me at least 50% of the time when bass fishing or pike fishing - there are situations where it will out-shine the Slammer. So get both!

Here's another way to think about it. If you had to choose between a phillips head and regular screwdriver, which would you pick? Yes, you can sometimes make a regular screwdriver work in a phillips screw, but they're designed for different things - get both, if you can, even if it means waiting a little longer.

tight to cover or short casts toward bank for me would be ideal for slammer. Open water and deeper water I have had much more success with the punker both size and numbers

+1

Well said, Haven't had too much experience with the punker but I'm backing this statement.

As many other have said, slammer is a bit more versatile. Love me some slammer time

Both have their place, punker represents more of a fleeing baitfish where the slammer represents an injured waking baitfish, totally different actions for different conditions. Also depends on location, time of year, forage, and conditions (I.e windy, calm, dark, light, cold, hot). Couldn't really pick one, better off bringing both and letting the fish decide for you.

Covering water; Punker

Fishing cover/structure at a slower rate; Slammer

It really all depends on what you're fishing, they will both catch fish. Punkers are usually more of a warmer water thing, the slammer is a little more useful if the fish are cold and slugish. Hope this helped.