go pro advice

swimfool

You can get a 4 pack of gopro batteries for 20-30$, I do fine with that but its personal preference you can always get a portable charger and take that route.

Approximately how many hours of video time would that give you?

You can get a 4 pack of gopro batteries for 20-30$, I do fine with that but its personal preference you can always get a portable charger and take that route.

Approximately how many hours of video time would that give you?

That would depend on which model camera you're using, whether you're filming at 1080/60, 720/30, 2.7k/30, etc. ProTune or no? Wifi on or no? Lots of options. Higher frame rates typically burn up batteries faster. Higher resolution also. Wifi kills battery in my experience.

Real world example, Hero3 Black @ 1080p/60fps, ProTune off, Wifi off, about 1:10 recording time. I burn two batteries to just about fill a 32gb card.

^^^^Yeah I should have mentioned all that too haha

Im running Gopro Hero3+ silver 1080/30fps, but if you want any kind of decent slow mo type of thing you will need to running higher frames per second than that, and thus kill your battery faster. My video is just for me and a couple friends, nothing I ever want the public to see plus I'm not trying to make a Zack Snyder film so I don't do that :lol:

I use the skeleton case that gopro sells and just plug it in to my 12v on my boat.

What cord do you use to plug into your battery?

J

Its a 12v plug on my boat like where a cigarette lighter goes. I use a car charger to run it all day.

so to clear it up cus im curious also you just plug it in and thats ur power source all day no batteries or change out