I will take it

bassbass

Let me tell you what this means:

It means...I will take it, wait for a reply with PayPal information from seller and then get paid by the person that posted or pm'ed I will take it.

It doesn't mean...I will take it, wait for a reply with PayPal information from seller and never pay or reply to text or PM's.

I am seeing a lot of this lately.

Yea that's happened to me a couple times in the past few months. I ended up dicking around waiting for people to pay or get back to me and they never even had the decency to follow up with a "sorry I changed my mind." Almost deserves negative feedback

It means...I will take it, wait for a reply with PayPal information from seller and then get paid by the person that posted or pm'ed I will take it.

It doesn't mean...I will take it, wait for a reply with PayPal information from seller and never pay or reply to text or PM's.

Yes thank you for saying this

+1

more flakes on here than a box O Kellogg's

If member XYZ has posted "I'll take it" and then backs out for no good reason, I think the seller has the right to post "Bait back up because member XYZ backed out". Maybe that bad press will have some impact. Totally up to the seller if he wants to do so.

If member XYZ has posted "I'll take it" and then backs out for no good reason, I think the seller has the right to post "Bait back up because member XYZ backed out". Maybe that bad press will have some impact. Totally up to the seller if he wants to do so.

+1

Also add "payment must be received within ( X ) amount of time or bait goes back as available"

This is why when someone I don't know says "I'll take it" about whatever I'm selling, my response is, "it's yours when you pay for it."

If I know you, I'll hold it for as long as you need. I'll turn down other buyers, offering more money even. Hell I'll send it to you and let you pay me later sometimes. But if I don't know you, and you take too long to pay without so much as a PM to say, "give me a couple hours until I'm home from work/lake"...I'm selling it to someone else and you can cry about what an "Not Allowed" I am afterwards.

i feel u man..

What do you guys think about leaving negative feedback for somebody who says they'll take it then doesn't? I'm not talking about somebody who changes their mind after the fact and lets you know, but a guy who says they'll take it (publicly or via PM) then just never responds or answers sent messages

What do you guys think about leaving negative feedback for somebody who says they'll take it then doesn't? I'm not talking about somebody who changes their mind after the fact and lets you know, but a guy who says they'll take it (publicly or via PM) then just never responds or answers sent messages

Put them out there and let others know. He could be holding up a sell for you or a buy for others. Your only as good as your word and when you say something you need to stick to it. Now I know things come up but be kind enough to update the intended seller with info and not just leave him in the dark waiting.

And to add to this:

When sellers put a bait up for sale, list everything about the bait that a reasonable person would ask: ROF, Condition, Gen 1 or 2, color, etc.

I agree with this. If you post it for sale, then make sure all the info is there and maybe a pic or two. I have missed out on baits because I don't automatically say that I will take it. I usually wont buy a bait without seeing a pic first or knowing all of the info about it. This also includes price. I've had times where I was the first to respond but lost the bait because I said that I'm very interested vs somebody that just says they will take it even though I had full intentions of buying the bait.