Fishing right after a trout stocking??

Jtelarkin08

I have found some really nice st parks here in Texas that are stocking trout. Some of which have some very good fish. Me and swimbait rookie are gonna hit up one about 3 days after the stock happens. How do you guys approach this?? The water is cold for Texas right now. Less than 50 degrees. When is this cold do you still throw stuff like BA and freestyle trouts or do you mainly stick to slow rolling hudds? Thanks guys pm me info if you don't want all your secrets known. Ha

Both! I like to start out with the freestyles or the Born Again. Sometimes the noise the hard baits make is what the fish want, especially early in the day (at least in my experience at my city parks). It's much easier for me to start out faster and slow down if need be. Those freestyles will shine when slow-rolled, and depending on your patience, the ss can cover a large portion of the water column. If it were me, i'd have a floating hard bait and slow sinking hard bait tied on, and if you guys are on boat, maybe a ROF 5 hudd to start out.

I, by no means have the most experience on this board, but starting with hardbaits has both caught and lost a bunch of good fish for me. Texas may be different, but you never know til you try :lol: . It took me a few trips to figure out my home waters, and even then, it doesn't always work out. If you get followers and can't get them to commit, best advice i can give you for smaller waters, is do not cast like crazy to try and get that fish to come out again. Leave it for a bit, let it set back up, and try a different angle. Good luck out there, hope you guys stick some fish. Have confidence that what you are doing WILL catch fish and you guys will have a great time!

Geoff

I have found some really nice st parks here in Texas that are stocking trout. Some of which have some very good fish. Me and swimbait rookie are gonna hit up one about 3 days after the stock happens. How do you guys approach this?? The water is cold for Texas right now. Less than 50 degrees. When is this cold do you still throw stuff like BA and freestyle trouts or do you mainly stick to slow rolling hudds? Thanks guys pm me info if you don't want all your secrets known. Ha

Duuude!!!! You better bring the Kokanees and the Arm!!!!

Duuude!!!! You better bring the Kokanees and the Arm!!!!

HA they will be tied on!!