Flurocarbon and swimbaits

charlie.m.jr

Can someone post a link to swimbo's post I treid to search it but didn't find anything

Its a page back. look for braid vs. floro. or something close to that. You'll find it.

Don't be so lazy. I doubt your mom is on this site so your gonna haf'ta do some $#*^ for yo self.

Can someone post a link to swimbo's post I treid to search it but didn't find anything

Its a page back. look for braid vs. floro. or something close to that. You'll find it.

Don't be so lazy. I doubt your mom is on this site so your gonna haf'ta do some $#*^ for yo self.

:shock::lol: exactly.

:lol:

• 11 months later...

Ive tried cxx, big game, I've been fishing abrazx 25 pounds for the last year. For everything 250, hinkle, huds, and I love it. I spool up 2 long cast worth, about 80-100 yards, on top of braid backing. And I re tie alot. When I start to cast to my backing it's time to respool. About every 3 months when I'm fishing alot. Love abrazx. But the horror stories are still in the back of my mind. I've never broke off or casted off because I check for frays, and am very con fident in my knot. But until I start breaking off baits I'm using abrazx for everything but top waters. B.B. uses 20# abrazx for 250s btw.

I throw cxx and experiment with different types of fluorocarbon. On Hudds I use either 25lb cxx or 25lb sunline floro. On topwater I use 22lb mono. Deps 250s I have experimented with 20-25 pound fluorocarbon. 20 gives it an awesome glide, but I have casted some off, I'm also trying to find 22-23 pound fluorocarbon for the 250s, I think it'll be the best of both worlds.

No issues with these.

Seaguar Tatsu Fluora 20Lb for Soft Baits.....This line has a serious sink rate.

Seguar Invis-X Fluora 25 lb. For just about everything else.

Sunline Shooter 30Lb. Super Fluora For the big stuff 5.5 oz baits to 10 oz baits

post-22600-0-75097500-1452300133_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lurejerk

I like 12lb glides and soft baits under 2ounces. Gonna be dropping from 20lb to 17lb fluoro for hard and soft baits under 5ounces. Anything over 5ounces and floaters gets 20-25lb big game. More control and better sink rate on lighter line. If you tie good knots, cast properly, and fight fish properly you shouldn't have any problems with break offs. I haven't had any issues with lighter lines.