search tab..

Foster

No, ur not doing it wrong . The search on here sucks. But don't ask any questions because ull get ripped to shreds for not using the search button.

The search is not all that complicated. It ignores words that are too commonly found on the site. So you just have to take two seconds to think about what to search for.

If you type in "best line" "hudd line" "best hudd line" you won't get anything.

ScreenShot2015-02-19at82243PM_zps7b26dc45.png

If you try, "hudds fluoro" "hudds braid" "hudds mono" you get results for each.

Better yet, if you set your search up like this...

ScreenShot2015-02-19at82422PM_zps0261beb8.png

ScreenShot2015-02-19at82614PM_zpscc3b8913.png

ScreenShot2015-02-19at82645PM_zps31a93bb0.png

ScreenShot2015-02-19at82631PM_zpsa49c355c.png

You get...

ScreenShot2015-02-19at82502PM_zps806a21ed.png

And if you just go down the list of topics, right click any of them that sound as if they might be helpful to read, and Open in New Tab, in your browser. Then you have a handful of tabs open, that you can read through or skim, and close each one when you're done with it. Or you can even...

ScreenShot2015-02-19at83727PM_zps8b1b4507.png

Use "Subscribe Topic" or "Bookmark Topic" so that you'll either get email notifications when the thread has a reply, or keep a list of topics you think are useful, on this site.

So yes, it requires about 15 seconds of thought to search and get useful results. Maybe that's too much, considering clicking a couple buttons on the search page and choosing search terms that are not ignored words requires slightly more effort than typing out the entire word "you" or "you'll." It's not differential equations and derivatives and ish though.

That post should be a sticky on here. I think many people have trouble using the search function on this site. I normally just use an advanced search on google, and enter this site as the domain I'm searching.

There's also this cool thing called google. It's like a big ass search button. Just type what you're looking for followed by swimbaitunderground and it'll give you results from the forum. Works better for me

There is an actual syntax for this:

site:

Example:

huddleston site:swimbaitunderground.com

Or even:

best line hudd site:swimbaitunderground.com

This works well with Google

-Ali