Noob, just sayin' hi

jtvandev

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been fishing tx for the past 10 years or so and have gotten tired of that grind.

Don't get me wrong, I love the competition, but sometimes it seems I have been fishing for the wrong reasons, or fishing at times when I should be doing something else...and that takes away from the fun.

Anyway I live in Southern Indiana on the Kentucky border, and KY/Barkley is close, along with a bunch of hidden gem strip mine pits that have some giants (for around here) in them. I have decided to commit to big baits and fun fishing all year. I hope to document and share some of my experiences with you.

This forum is a great wealth of info, and I appreciate all the contributions! Hope to show you an Indiana DD soon! Again just saying hello and thanks!

oscvr_m, I will be in your neck of the woods in late March for a week for my annual pilgrimage to Fork. I feel like I know that place better than some of my home lakes! I think this will be our 10 or 11th trip! Thanks for the reply.

+2 ^ I have only been on here for a few months myself but, there is a wealth of info here. Search for topics and read all day and if you find something that you need more info on ask. So far these guys have been more than willing to help out.

Good luck this season and welcome to SU!!

Welcome! You will have a great time here. nd hopefully a good time throwing big baits. When I read your initial post, I thought....Dont plan on having too much fun tossing big baits all year cuz a lot of days you dont catch a fish lol. But then I thought about it, and honestly, even when Im not getting bit, Im having a blast bombing giants baits and watching them. Just in awe of how awesome they all look. So you dont need to be catching to have fun in this game. Good luck!!

Welcome! You will have a great time here. nd hopefully a good time throwing big baits. When I read your initial post, I thought....Dont plan on having too much fun tossing big baits all year cuz a lot of days you dont catch a fish lol. But then I thought about it, and honestly, even when Im not getting bit, Im having a blast bombing giants baits and watching them. Just in awe of how awesome they all look. So you dont need to be catching to have fun in this game. Good luck!!

Ha ha! I won't have a problem not getting bit and still having fun....I've been doing that with small baits forever...lol. :lol:

Ha ha! I won't have a problem not getting bit and still having fun....I've been doing that with small baits forever...lol. :lol:

Bahahaha!!!! I hear ya there! At least it is entertaining here!

oscvr_m, I will be in your neck of the woods in late March for a week for my annual pilgrimage to Fork. I feel like I know that place better than some of my home lakes! I think this will be our 10 or 11th trip! Thanks for the reply.

Hey PM me too. Im in plano and have some ponds you should try.

• 1 year later...

I'm new to the forum and new to throwing big baits. Here in Southern Illinois I mainly fish strip pits, and catch some big bass every year. The past 5 years or so I have focused more on catching big bass instead of numbers of nice fish with pretty good results. Fishing big baits is the logical next step. I'll post some pics later when I'm able to get out and fish. Any advice greatly appreciated.