line advice

basskickinrednick

So I just ordered a 7'9 ldc mh can't decide on if I should go with braid or co pol. My topwaters are 5" lunker punkers, g2 shell crackers, and mimi ms slammer and my others are two 68 hudd one rof5 and rof12 , savage gear 6" line through and a deps 175 just looking for some seasoned advice thanks su

I only use braid on my frog setup. I've snapped braid and I rather not snap off a Deps 250 or something else rather expensive. I keep it simple. Pline 25lb for fluro and 20-30lb big game for mono. Thats all I use. 

So I'd go with Co Pol if those are your only two options. More versatile and resistant to abrasion. 

Braid for your plunker better action and easier to work. For a 175 I'd use 15 pound sunline shooter. Everything else 20 pound big game should be fine.

How often do you have to change the shooter? I am afraid of investing a lot of money into fluorocarbon, then having to replace them ever so often.

braid for top water much better approach (it floats) it all really depends on water clarity . Ive never had braid fail maybe its the brand I use belowpost-23512-0-45576000-1427247749_thumb.jpg

the braid on rightside is still tell this day the smallest diameter braided line made(hard to find very) ive had the same braid on my reels for 5 plus years with zero failures other than my own error (weak knots etc..) I look at line like Fashion everybody has their brand and style and what's cool and hip. I base it off of what do the conditions call for if there's a lot of weeds grass etc. in the water and is the water stained etc.. I'll use stright braid , I do most the time tie on a fluorocarbon leader (seaguar fluorocarbon premier leader)The one major benefit to braided line is when you think it's old and showing signs of wear and tear simply just flip the line on the spool and it will last another couple years.The only time im go stright fluoro is when throwning crank baits (so i can get max depth or a slide swimmer 250) I only use seaguar fluorocarbon abrazx for bigger baits and seaguar invizx fluorocarbon for cranks.

This is just works for me just my 2 cents

post-23512-0-80444500-1427249608_thumb.jpg

this reel is from 2006 when they first came out as u can see still full with the same braid from 2006 never changed never failed so its still going strong 8 years later,line back the cost me $29 so you do the math how much money you would save vs mono or fluoro ur talking hundreds of dollars u can spend on other tackle. I fish at least 300 days a year so you know this line has been put through the ringer bigtime

Edited by JeremyW

If you google "Paulus just fishing" you will get to a site that has an overwhelming amount of test data on braided lines. It would take you hours to go through all the stuff if you wanted to. One point I picked up was that there is a lot of Chinese counterfeit braided line out on the market with faked labels. So the advice is to buy your braid through a reputable dealer and don't trust that the deals you see on fleabay, etc are all legit. You may not be buying what you think you are; labels and packaging are easy to fake.

If you google "Paulus just fishing" you will get to a site that has an overwhelming amount of test data on braided lines. It would take you hours to go through all the stuff if you wanted to. One point I picked up was that there is a lot of Chinese counterfeit braided line out on the market with faked labels. So the advice is to buy your braid through a reputable dealer and don't trust that the deals you see on fleabay, etc are all legit. You may not be buying what you think you are; labels and packaging are easy to fake.

I've been using Power Pro braid for years & love it. Mostly at night & also froggin the pads...

So I just ordered a 7'9 ldc mh can't decide on if I should go with braid or co pol. My topwaters are 5" lunker punkers, g2 shell crackers, and mimi ms slammer and my others are two 68 hudd one rof5 and rof12 , savage gear 6" line through and a deps 175 just looking for some seasoned advice thanks su

http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13248-beginnersnoobs-read-me-first/