Delta Wood Bombers

Fishstix024

Here's a few pics of a home grown bait straight outa Northern California. My friend Carlo is the owner and builder for these baits. All baits are hand turned from yellow Alaskan cedar. He does all the prep and paint work by hand. His artwork is second to non! Every plug also gets 3-5 coats of clear, prolonging life of the paint and minimizing hook rash. Plugs are finished with Through wire design, wolverine triple split rings and owner or VMC 4x hooks. They are mainly for Striped bass here in the  CA Delta but have also taken some nice LMB. Carlo also makes bottle neck poppers and pencil poppers for offshore applications. These baits come in a 5,6 and 9" Sinister series and are priced from $40-$120. 

Rainbow trout, Squawfish and Baby Bass Sinister 6"

image1_zpsfjeojre3.jpg

DWB Prostaffer Kris Huff sig model "Liar" in 5, 6 and 9"

image2_zpstgpaop2o.jpg

9" B52 in Rainbow Trout, these have been killing in Socal Resivoirs and on the East Coast

image3_zps4tpmmfi4.jpg

JTSwimbaitman- I will admit I'm partial to DWB. I have fished many other walking baits in the past including Punkers and had success. I believe all baits have a place in the market from $5 pencil poppers to pricey custom wood baits. After years of fishing them all  I have found the DWB is my confidence bait and it has served me well. Hopefully others will chime in and voice there opinion. Here's another "review" from BASS Pro Bobby Barrack at the Sacramento ISE show 

I don't have one but fish with people that do. They are well crafted and the paint is spectacular. As far as performance goes, they do have a nice side to side glide. As far as catching fish, especially stripers out in the Delta, they catch fish. However, my homemade topwater lures catch just the same amount of stripers when fished side by side.

Its a good tool for the arsenal.