316 Rising Son

scoopdaloop

Hey fellas, purchased a few rising sons and had a few questions I couldn't find the answer to via the search bar. 

1. I cast the ish out of everything if I'm in open water. Should I tone it down a bit with the rising son due to the skin hook/line through? If I load up the rod and really get into it will I rip the bait up casting?

Figured I'd ask opposed to learning on my own and potentially ripping a bait. 

Oh and I have plenty of mend it. Praise God for mend it.

Hunter

Just chuck it out and slow roll it back. On the hook-set, the bait will run up the line so it doesn't interfere with the hook or leverage it out. It will eventually tear the bait up a bit but it's easy to fix with any soft bait glue (mendit or 3:16 glue). They last a very long time if you keep repairing them.

Position the hook so the knot/split ring is snug up against the plastic tube the line runs through but the hook is a bit loose on the split ring. Make sure it's straight (parallel to the body of the bait).

That bait is a workhorse, you're going to love it.

Edited by Top Ramen

with swimbaits (or baits in general), we really don't whip the baits out. if you let the rod load up, it'll do what it was designed to do. thats why theres rods designed to handle different weight classes.

They are crazy durable

A little glue goes a long long way. I use mine for pike and tiger muskie, I get 10+ fish out of each bait. May lose an eye or two, the bait will have cut marks all over it but they still swim.

What color do you throw at night? I got bait fish, white, black and black with chart tail.

Color doesn't seem to matter a lot at night. If it's fairly light out (moon or lights) I like natural colors. If it's pitch black, I use a sisssy. I know that sounds odd but it works for me.