Deps Giant Bait Rod

habla10

Deps rods are known around the world for having a lot of grunt, but this new rod takes the cake.  At first glance it looks like a throwback offshore lure rod from the heady days of GT fishing twenty years ago.  However, upon closer inspection, one can see that this new model is beefier than the heaviest topwater and jig game tackle in existence.  

It’s sole purpose is to lob giant baits as heavy as 2 kilograms!  To cast a lure that size all day seems a bit masochistic, but if Deps is going as far as bringing such a rod to market, there must be enough folks out there who want to do so.

This rod will be 8’3″ in length and retail for a whopping 72000 yen.  It’ll be cool to see the lures this thing can throw and the giant bass anglers manage to boat with this tackle.

Asked my pops if he knew what "Gira Gira Kogeki" means.  He said in loose translation.. Bling Bling Attack!  

Haha.  Actually he said it was closer to flash or sparkle.  I just used bling.

the gika is bigger than code name bass :

post-20009-0-05225100-1428311302_thumb.jpg

the giant bait rod cost in Europe 827€ and you must be Deps Webmember...

when you know a SS250 cost 100€ in Europe et this bait is sell very very more expesive on the other side of Atlantic... How would be the cost of the rod ? i do not thing 600 US dollars...

If you want deps news 2015 :

http://tricass-fishing.over-blog.com/article-deps-news-2015-125581158.html

no, for giant pike.

In Europe we have not big bass like we can see on SU...unfortunately...Some legend about big bass in Spain and in Sardaigne island, too far from my home !