Anyone else use this reel?

JTSwimbaitMan

It has different spool than what you might expect out of a 300 sized reel. It only holds 100 meters of .296mm braid, so don't think it has the capacity you want for big baits. 

It has different spool than what you might expect out of a 300 sized reel. It only holds 100 meters of .296mm braid, so don't think it has the capacity you want for big baits. 

I have 20 pound line on there and it has been fine on casting distance and keeping line in there. But I have thought about trying to fit another spool in there.

got this reel description off of ebay. Looks to me that it hold plenty of line
tem Condition : NEW

Gear Ratio : 6.3 
Ball/Roller Bearing : 4/1 
weight : 215g
Line Capacity : PE #1.5(15LB)-200m, PE #2(20LB)-150m, PE #3(30LB)-100m
MAX Drag : 5.0kg/49.0N
Retrieve : 67cm

It is really similar to the shimano curado 200is. The jig thing would make sense as I have used it for that technique and it has done a great job. Im sorry I searched but I guess not good enough.

Jigging, salt water.  Not fishing a jig for bass.

It's a curado 200i, with no brakes, a shallower spool, and longer handle.  It's not a larger frame, like a Curado 300.  It says 300 yes, but when describing jigging reels, 300 is not what you think it is.  

You own this?  You fish with it?

Yeah lol. It is actually a great swimbait reel. My buddy northtexasswimbaiter did well using it for his 250. 

Jigging, salt water.  Not fishing a jig for bass.

It's a curado 200i, with no brakes, a shallower spool, and longer handle.  It's not a larger frame, like a Curado 300.  It says 300 yes, but when describing jigging reels, 300 is not what you think it is.  

You own this?  You fish with it?

I tried JT's Bay Game for a few minutes with a 250. The reel only had .013" diameter mono on it, so I was exceedingly careful with my casting. It cast very nicely for the wimpy amount of effort I put into the casting. I also used it for maybe a half hour without a strike, so I can't attest to the reel's drag smoothness or strength.

Positives:

• It cast pretty well for the low amount of force used in casting due to light line.

• It was quite smooth on the retrieve.

• The handle was nice and long, with large, comfortable knobs.

• For swimbaits, it was a very compact reel, and was easily palmable.

Negatives:

• From what I understand, the Curado I's (and likely the Bay Game) start experiencing mechanical issues when heavily used (swimbaits).

• Line capacity is questionable. I didn't have any issues with capacity during my stint with it, but I was doing short casts with .013" diameter line.

• It will normally have to be imported. Shipping costs from Japan will add about $20 to the cost.