Kayaks

Sam_Glasgow_

I'm about to dive into the world of kayaks. I'll be fishing big lakes, ponds nothing major. I'm on a budged but want to get a nice kayak and has to be sit-on. Any suggestions? Also what accessories should I get? I want one of those boxes with rod holders built in on the back. Is there a good site for me to look on for accessories? Thanks

Look for a yak on e bay or Craigslist. Jackson yaks are cool too. The box and rod holder that you described can be purchased at turners outdoors. My advise to you would be look into purchasing used gear first. Get a anchor system because the wind can really blow you completely off a spot. Pm me if you have any further questions.

I fish out of my FeelFree Lure and its a badass yak. The seat is the best on the market and its wide I stand up easily they have 3 different size models take a look into them. they also have a accessories bar which is a nice feature I dont have it but seen alot of them with it and it helps.  If you on a budget make your own milke crate setup with PVC pipes for rod holders I made mine for about $18 

I have a Ocean Kayak and love it. It's a great kayak and I rigged it with everything I need. Have rod holders and a lowrance fishfinder on it. Bought mine used and did everything myself by watching youtube videos. You will love kayaking when you get into places boats can't go.

I have 4 kayaks 2 pedal and 2 paddle (two are 12' Hobie Pro Anglers, 1 is a 12' Wilderness Commander, 1 is a 10' Wilderness Tarpon). All are great kayaks, but I find myself liking the Hobie the most. What I recommend is do demos and find one that fits you and the kind of fishing you plan on doing, be it lakes, rivers or ponds. You will get what you pay for on tracking, stability, etc so going and trying them out will help you. The weight of a kayak is important on if you plan on car topping or hauling using wheels to launch remotely for example. One kayak you may look at that is fairly reasonable and good is the Wilderness Ride and it's a sit on top, but new models/brands are always coming out.

http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21654-kayaks-and-conoes/?hl=kayaks

Some good information mixed in.  I am a fan of my 'Hobie Revolution' but have been checking out 'Diablo Adios' (due to stand up stability). 

Wilderness also has a new model coming out called the ATAK.