Deps 250 Skin Overhang, New/OG

chefchris

I am having some what the same problem with mine. its with the butch brown trout #04 color, but its the flash that was painted on underneath the skin, I noticed that a lot of lake crap was sticking on the sides of the bait between the skin and the body while I was fishing it, when I got home I removed the skin to clean out debris and noticed that it was sticky almost like a gummy residue was there and the debris was stuck to it on the sides of the bait. it was discoloring the sides of the bait to a brownish color since most of what was trapped there was micro chips of bark that have floating around the lake as of late. anyway was able to get it cleaned up but lost 90% of the flash paint in the process so now its more of a ghost trout instead, not sure how I feel about that bait swims great no problem there but its not what I paid fof either.

How do the new ones compare swim wise to the og? If they swim the same then who cares if there is an overhang that is more than the original? Being it is a different core to the bait from how I understand is it not safe to say some adjustments would needed to gain the same swim and sink as the original? If they are sticking pigs then why mess with it?