Swimbaits in beds

Maxdispoto

Had a lot of luck with gill baits on beds. Usually the smaller profile provided a better hookup (not surprising) but the bigger gills got more attention. My team partner and I tag-teamed some by throwing a big gill in/around the bed to get there attention and then throwing a smaller one in for the knockout.

Best bed bait hands down is the real prey bluegill in bluegill color or white. If you want to get creative throw a floater like a mattlures gill, shell cracker, tru-tungsten talipia etc.. rigged with a Carolina stopper about 8-18 inches away from the bait (you can slide it around) with a 1oz tungsten flipping weight. Get the weight on the bed and lift your rod and your floating gill Swimbait will stare right at the bed you can move your rod up and down without moving it out of its place and the bait will come up and down. Gives them a look they never seen before.

If your looking for double digit Giants look in the darker water zone where it's hard to see and you will see a dark shadow almost like a log That slowly moves, if there's one in the shallows your not going to miss it, so don't worry about that zone very much, be patient it can take hours to get a giant to commit. I personally have never landed a double digit on a bed but have seen tanks and netted a 13lber at lake mission vejio. I know bed fishing is frowned upon but if you seen a teener on a bed your going to spend some time on it LOL. Joe Everett Is the best trophy bass hunter and stuck a 17lber if I'm not mistaken And hundreds of double digits sight fishing. LMV was a freak show not all lakes have 20-30ft water clarity, trout and teen fish caught daily so YMMV for your local lake ;) it's a shame all the fish died up there From toxic algae.