First post, first week w/big baits, PB bass

Shishkabab

Hello friends,

My name is Shahab and I live in Orange County CA, great community you have here.

Been fishing for years and just recently got my hands on a "big bait."

Sick of fishing d-shot and senkos, I swung by the shop last week and bought a BBZ rat.

Trip 1 produced 5 bass up to 2-3lbs. Not much size but I was PUMPED. I was honestly expecting a skunk.

Tried my luck again last night and stuck a good one. She bit in a about 3 ft of water slow waking the rat. This was my only bass of the night. I wish I had taken a scale, I know she's not huge but it's a PB for me.

Any guesses on weight (i know its almost impossible) would be appreciated.

bf68f053-51af-465e-b167-7d26dff95e67.jpg

aa88b562-73e6-4392-bf27-7d9e3e681381.jpg

Thanks gents.

On a side note..... I'm planning on adding some baits to my arsenal. I don't think I'm ready to drop $100+ on a single bait but I've gathered a list:

G2 shell cracker

Lunker punker

Hudd 68 weedless

River2sea s waver (what size do you recommend)

3:16 rising son

Anything else I'm missing?

Also.... I'm wanting to get a okuma guide select. Would you guys reccomended the MH or H for these baits.

We're gonna start calling you "On Fire Shahab".....nice bassin bro. As far as telling the wieght by pictures alone, hard to tell. It depends on the width of the back, length. belly..... Some pictures are also hard to tell because of "Long Arm Syndrome", (the further out you hold them, the bigger they look). Keep a castin...big girls coming.