Roman Made Mother

tiger619

Im sure this question has been asked and answered but I can't get the search function to work so here it is. Do people change the hooks on the mothers?, also add split ring on the or snap for the line tie? 

thanks 

I keep mine stock hooks but add a feather and extra split ring on the front only.  I also use a split ring with an owner #5 solid ring for the line tie so I don't have to worry about my line slipping in the split of the ring.  I learned that from JDukkes. 

Yup, the tail definitely needs some glue, and the silencers need some love as well. As for hooks, I have yet to try any others, but plan to play with some larger sized hooks in the future, lighter wire but larger gap, if I can't see my hooks looking down from the top of the bait, they are too small in my opinion. Hookup/ fish landed ratio with stock hooks on a mother is just embarrassing. 

Speaking of hook gaps, Bassindon69 uploaded a video on YouTube which addressed the stock hook gaps on the 250s for the same reason as above. His solution is pretty cool and could be useful to you guys... Here it is: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zCDCrpq-ZFk