Line choice conundrum!

michaelcronje

So… I’ve decided to spool up with Sunline’s FX2 braid in 50lb and in their dark green/blue colour. I scheme it’ll be the better all-rounder for topwaters like the rat, and when I throw sinking baits I’ll double-albright a 6’ InvizX leader on. Will give some feedback after fishing it for a while. Holding thumbs :P

All good recommendations above. I will add that line choice is also personal thing,  there are a lot of factors for choosing what line to fish (lure type, lure weight, reel size, rod action, water clarity, sinking vs floating baits, open water, rock areas, thick vegetation, wood/lay downs, etc...) so no matter what is recommended, you will still have to experiment in my opinion. 

I like Seagaur Invisexx for floro, Big Game for mono, Pline for copoly and Daiwa Samurai for braid. Where and what I am going to be fishing determines the type of line I go with when i know the location I will be fishing. If it's a new place, I usually have anywhere from 4-6 setups spooled with different types, so I am prepared to fish the water properly. Buy smaller spools until you figure out what you like best, then wait til you see a sale or around winter(especailly around xmas - good sales at tw) and buy bulk spools.