Okuma Guide Select A

Nstd

Great review man! Do you think your heavy could handle 8 inch hudds and baits around that weight?

thanks! eh I think the 8" hudd would be just a little bit too much... you'd be lobbing the bait more than casting. highest I would go is 4oz probably. I'd just go XH depending on what else you'll be throwing

I usually throw 8in hudds, swaver 200s, 8in bbzs, and gantarels. Im thinking the xh is the way to go. The rod looks sweet cant wait to get my hands on one.

ooo the XH would definitely be overpowered for s waver 200's and gantarels.. the only bait that would prefer the XH over H that you've listed would be the hudd 8 inch but if you spend most of your time throwing ganterels or s wavers Id go heavy. 

Thanks for all the info! Time for me to start saving up!  :-P 

How well balanced does it feel?

personally, it feels really well balanced actually. as long as you have a reel with an adequate amount of weight and not too much it feels great. I think they did a good job with the split grip choice it weighs a lot less than the other grips they were previously using. definitely a comfortable, balanced rod for the 124.99 retail value. 

Got mine in the mail yesterday.  Played around with several reel choices and still am not exactly sure which I will end up with on this rod.  Headed to the lake in the morning, so I can give a 1 day of use, mini review tomorrow evening.

Jeff

• 4 months later...

Tackle Warehouse doesn't have these in stock at the moment. Can anyone reccomend another secure online store that may have them? I'm looking to get a H and XH models with a Daiwa Lexa 300 for the XH and still deciding what reel to put on the H one.... Any ideas? Thanks!!