Triple trout

JMStubbs

After seeing some guys burning there triple trouts with a quick stop and start retrieve, I recently bought a triple trout but when I burn it it just rolled on its side. The only way I can get it to swim right is on a very slow retrieve. Iv tried adjusting the tail and a few other small things but nothing has worked. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with there triple trout baits. Any input would be great.

I honestly couldn't get bites going on the triple trout besides the Cut-Tail floater.

I tried burning and stopping and had issues with the bait rolling after stopping but it usually would fix itself as it is retrieved back.

Tried a lot of different retrieves and only managed 1 decent bite on the slow sinks.

Posted Today, 12:37 AMJMStubbs

After seeing some guys burning there triple trouts with a quick stop and start retrieve, I recently bought a triple trout but when I burn it it just rolled on its side. The only way I can get it to swim right is on a very slow retrieve. Iv tried adjusting the tail and a few other small things but nothing has worked. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with there triple trout baits. Any input would be great.

+1 , the 2 I have do the same

What size TT are you having problems with. all the TT I own can be fished pretty fast without rolling. They are all the 10". I've never seen one that could be retrieved super fast and not roll. In the videos you saw

line size and gear ratio effect how fast a bait is actually moving compaired to how fast the reel handle is being turned. A low gear ratio, low capacity reel spoiled with large diameter line. compared to a higher gear ratio higher capacity reel spoiled with smaller diameter line. The actual speed of the retrieve will vary greatly between the two reels with the same turn of the handle. Maybe check out a heavy if you want a bait that can truly be burned.

Heavier hooks helps a little.  As they get bigger, they get more stable and can be retrieved faster without blowing out.   The exception is the stubbies.  A 5 inch stubby can be retrieved faster than a 6" or even 7" regular.  That being said, I will fish them slow to fast, but not really burn them.  If I want to burn, I usually pick up a Cl8 Clacker.

One of my friends burns an 8" right on the surface, he only fishes with a Fin-S for a tail.  Might help it burn faster.  I have always used the stock tails.