22nd Century Triple Trout

BASS

Review of the Triple Trout:

Intro:

Spent quite a bit of time this summer throwing the triple trout in sizes 7-10". It was by far my most productive sinking hard bait this summer and caught me quite a few good sized fish while other baits were not producing.

I had stashed this bait deep in one of my boxes of baits and completely forgot about it. One night over the summer, the bite was tough and I happened to see this bait sitting there. I decided to tie it on and give it a go. in a 25 minute span, I landed 8 fish ranging from 3-5lbs while my friend landed nothing. This was all on the 10" Triple trout. It completely changed the way I looked at the bait and I couldn't be happier I found this guy.

Colors:

The triple trout colors are extremely generic and unrealistic, but so is the overall presence of the bait. The colors do a great job imitating a wide range of bait species so overall, I really like them. The two colors I throw are light and dark trout simply because they are the closest match to the forage in the lakes that I fish.

Application:

Definitely a high point of this bait. It can literally be fished anywhere. It can be fished deep, ripped through grass, burned on the surface, and mid water column for suspending fish. I personally have caught most of my fish on this bait making casts along docks and erratically twitching my bait at any changes in structure.

Action:

The best way to describe the action of the triple trout is wide and unique. The 7-8" make faster, narrower "s" movements while the 10" makes a long wide "s". There is no other bait on the market with this sort of action. Don't let it scare you though, the fish like it.

Tackle:

I have been fishing my 10" triple trout on an Okuma Guide Select H, a calcutta 400TE or cardiff 300 with 25lb maxima and my 7-8" on the Evergreen Ballista, Calais 200 with 20lb flouro. Note: I always keep my drag a bit lose especially on triple trouts because for some reason, I have torn through a lot of lips and lost some quality fish because of a locked drag.

Quality:

The triple trout I believe is made out of a polyurethane and is extremely strong. My baits has gone through a few collisions with rocks and docks, so far, only damage is scuffed up paint. There are definitely some signs of wear on my baits but it most definitely hasn't effected the performance of the bait. As with any bait with sharp hooks, the paint will get scratched. As far as the hooks, the stock ones are not the best. I immediately switch the hooks for owner st-36's.

Performance:

The triple trout flat out catches fish. It can be fished at all speeds and will get fish when other baits wont.

I fish this bait pretty fast most of the time. Usually i will give the bait a few quick reels, then a pause, then a few quick reels, then directional change. I recomend not twitching the bait with the rod tip but rather give a quick reel and give the bait a bit of slack. This has prevented fowling for me by quite a significant amount.

I have really only caught fish with this bait in warmer months. That may change this season though, we will have to see.

Negatives:

Unrealistic appearance

Fowls often.

Proof!

post-112-14252985565334_thumb.png

post-112-14252985565715_thumb.png

post-112-14252985566185_thumb.png

Rocky, did you see the pics of the 14" TT on their FB page?

I thought the 10" was big, that bait makes it look like a freakin guppy.

hahaha i definitely saw that thing. I talked to him about it at the bass-a-thon and unfortunately, he says he's not releasing it for another year. that thing is ridiculously cool though.

[attachment=0]25389d1324015159t-toad-striper-lake-ouachita-arkansas-choking.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=2]25384d1324013299t-toad-striper-lake-ouachita-arkansas-dsc00661.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=3]25393d1324015159t-toad-striper-lake-ouachita-arkansas-trip-stripe.jpeg[/attachment]

Very nice review Rocky.....are these the 14" TT you saw at BAT?

Oh man, makes me want one 10X more haha. Wow, those are some of the biggest striper I have seen. Nice fish! Literally speechless haha

Those pic's are of Mark R. and Mike B. on a recent trip they took out of the state. I believe their best 20 fish went for 407lbs. I know they both had fish well into the 30lb range and missed some real big'ns. From all the pi's I saw it was an epic trip.