Lew's David Fritts Perfect Crank Rods

Luke Wagner

Does anyone have experience using this or other glass/graphite composite cranking rods with S-Waver 168s or similar weight class glide baits? I'd be getting the 7'11" MH rod rated for 1/2-3 oz.

Thanks

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lews_David_Fritts_Perfect_Crank_Speed_Stick_Cast_Rod/descpage-DFPC.html

Oversized crankbait rods work well for those smaller glides. I fish a 13 fishing crankenstein which is composite cranking rod and it works great for my Gan craft 178 and Deps 175, both of which weigh more than the S-Waver. I don't have any personal experience with the rod your talking about though. 

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that I plan on using braid connected to a 50-60 lb fluoro leader via an FG knot. I figured having the softer rod would allow the bait to have a better action while still using braid as a main line. I have been using a St. Croix Mojo Bass swimbait rod and got far better action out of the s-waver when I switched from braid to mono. I just don't like the mono as much for connecting to the heavy fluoro leader as the braid via the FG knot.