New Bill in California

bassing305

California department of fish & game, dept water resource and the epa must not have done similar things in your area...every time they try and fix things they kill everything...clear lake, Oroville. Don Pedro, berryessa...all mining towns flushed and flooded without any thought on cleanup and are all mercury poisoned, many small private ponds and reservoirs were decimated trying to remove non native plants...Which failed...the delta is toxic...and I'm not even close enough to the SoCal lakes to know all those stories...this is all due to improper enforcement of the wrong laws and bills...it's more about the amount of money wasted trying to remove fish that aren't the problem...the damage is done by the filthy people who care not about there surroundings and by bureaucrats who ALWAYS overlook obvious problems...I don't claim to know all the biology of non native fish but I know what I see and I'm in this state and I don't know if you are but you must not be seeing the same issues

Can you explain to me how CDFW, CDWR, and the EPA killed everything in Clear Lake, Berryessa, Don Pedro, and Oroville? Im not a big fan of those agencies but Im not sure I understand what you are saying. The Delta is disgusting because we have too many people here and because of the agriculture industry, has nothing to do with predator removal.

Can you explain to me how CDFW, CDWR, and the EPA killed everything in Clear Lake, Berryessa, Don Pedro, and Oroville? Im not a big fan of those agencies but Im not sure I understand what you are saying. The Delta is disgusting because we have too many people here and because of the agriculture industry, has nothing to do with predator removal.

I didn't say they killed those lakes...just aided in poisoning them...I said the killed numerous private and small lakes and ponds especially in calaveras county...several on property my family has owned...Thanks

And I just plain said the delta is toxic...that is the disgusting people...but remove that and leave the fish alone

You did say they killed everything in those lakes. No worries, no need to explain. But maybe you can explain how they aided in poisoning them. And Im very interested in how they were involved in killing private lakes. Can you expand on that?

Ahh...I guess my pauses were ill positioned...when I was referring to the try and fix they kill everything I was referring to the private ponds...not meaning they killed everything In the larger reservoirs...my grandparents owned several acres of land on calaveras county...more specific railroad flat...several ponds on the property and throughout the mountains of the near by neighbors...all stream fed...out letting to reservoirs like camanche, new melones, Pardee etc...I fished these ponds for years...my uncle pulled out an 8# spot...one year the F&G and DWR came out to test the ponds for invasive lily that got in some how...tests were positive and before the lily could reach the main reservoirs it needed to be removed...after dredging and removing the lily it came back that spring...that summer they wanted to introduce a chemical engineered to affect the lily only...about a week later over 500 fish of several species in several ponds were found floating...the lily grew back...they gave up and dammed up the stream...few years later they re stocked with trout but nothing else...the largest pond on the property last year was completely overrun with lily and unfishable...my experience with watching this process is that they try extreme unproven tactics and waste large amounts of resources and because this was private and not state property they did what they said they could and moved on...If they would take the money they plan on removing fish with and use it to clean up these horrible polluted marinas I think all the fish would have a better chance of survival...Thanks

Lots of info in those articles relating to overlooking, ignoring and cover up along with hundreds more by searching Google

has said in the 1996 published article, "Lake County politicians live off GOVERNMENT GRANTS

I didn't read all three pages of this thread but I signed a while back to stop this nonsense. All the meth and crack houses around the Delta are okay I guess; however, the invasive violent little bass are the real issue because they eat poor helpless bait fish... It's on the internet so it must be science... right?  I'm fairly certain that politicians are the most important thing that needs to be removed from CA waters. 

I didn't read all three pages of this thread but I signed a while back to stop this nonsense. All the meth and crack houses around the Delta are okay I guess; however, the invasive violent little bass are the real issue because they eat poor helpless bait fish... It's on the internet so it must be science... right? I'm fairly certain that politicians are the most important thing that needs to be removed from CA waters.

Sadly I can only like this post once

Nothing online to sign as far as I can tell...attached is a link re that bill and contact numbers of Allied fishing who's spearheading opposition in the San Joaquin areas...whomever is serious about being opposed can contact them for petition...also for those who seemed to be questioning the miss management of other California waterways please read on...it's hefty reading but it's also hilarious to watch gov. entities force other gov. entities to shut down operations...California is really digging itself deep... I love this place but man what are we doing...Thanks SU

http://csbawestdeltachapter.org/news.php

Here's one other link that's affecting CA where they want to ban certain fishing gear:

http://www.sportfishingconservation.org/index.php/stop-the-fishing-gear-ban-sign-the-petition/

I should have explained how I feel about this better on banning selling tackle containing lead of any kind and even outlawing the use of it in CA. While getting rid of lead I agree with, it should be phased out with a affordable replace rather then a straight out ban IMHO. Also what about baits that already contain lead We have? I just don't trust politicians!!