Eyeballs...What you got in front of them???

ISO_the1

Ive tried Rayban polorized which were nice and around 180, costas were  a little nicer and cost around 200-300 i think depending on the model, Oakleys about the same as the raybans price and lens but Maui Jims are about as good as it gets. They can be a bit heavy due to the glass lenses but they have out perfromed all the rest. Lense color depends on what you like. Jims are in the 200-300 range. Persol makes nice ones too but those are over 300

Had oakley flaks with green polarized lens for awhile before I dumped them in the lake. Definitely my favorite pair for fishing. Been using amber amphibias lately and they're pretty good. Will be getting a replacement pair of oaks with those green lenses for bright days.

I love the costa 580 green mirrors But because I wear glasses and am too lazy to put in my contacts, I stopped wearing my pair. I've been wanting to get a pair of rX costas but didn't want to fork out the dough for it. I picked up a set of green mirror, amber lens cocoons and have been quite happy with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Oakley Flaks for me. Lightweight, interchangeable lenses, and full coverage. I have the black iridium for scorching summer days, and the KVD shallow blue lenses for overcast/low light situations. I have a few pairs of Mauis, persols, smith, and Ray ban. They're all good, great in some ways,, but the Oaks just can't be beat, the full coverage design is the best feature for me. My wife has a pair of Revos, gotta say they have some of the highest resolution lenses, look like a shade of amber, I'd consider a pair of those too if I were starting out and wanted an alternative to Oakleys.

I cannot tell you how many clients I get who undervalue good optics, and especially polarized lenses! A lot of people are stuck on thinking they're for bed fishing, and that's their only use. I can't tell you how much I rely on my sight all throughout the year, whether it's just spotting bait fish, or weedlines, they're one of my best tools in the tool box!

I switch between about 7 pairs of glasses . Im usually rockin my oakley radar paths or my oakley fuel cells but i also rotate in some spys (great glasses for the price, you can find some nice ones around 60-80 bucks) kaenons, wileyx, and some ray bans. I also have some oakley gascans, holbrooks, and frogskins that i wear out and about that are not polarized. I should probably sell a couple pairs to help fund a new rod or some baits but im in love with all of them. The cool thing was i only paid for two pairs and found the rest

I use Oakley standard issue Valve polarized. its got a rubberized feel to em so they don't slide off your nose or ears when sweaty or just wet. (also Oakley SI for vets is easy to register now only a one time deal instead of every 2 years)

Edited by Rjunky