Glide Bait Debate

egoodnow

Looking to get my first glide bait somewhere in the 7-8 inch range.  So far I've looked at the S-Waver 200 and the Jointed Claw 178.  I was wondering what opinions y'all had and what other ones I should be looking at in that size and price point.

Thanks

Of those 2 I would go for the claw. If you could swing it, the new 175's have been a great bait for me. They can be had for very reasonable prices. For me the most versatile has been the 175. They are also very easy to tune if your looking to make it sink faster or super-slow sink but they work great out of the box. just my suggestion.

Edited by greenhornet

jointed claw ,deps 175,jackall gantarel and a must have is a 316 rising son and a hudd. I will say that the jointed claw is wayyyyyy underated if you can figure out its true potential (great stright out of box to) My personal opinion if the true secret ever gets out on that bait you will see a crazy like no other ,the jointed claw is absolutely deadly on smallmouth

Edited by JeremyW

Haven't had much time to fish it. It's a floating 188mm lure that dives a couple feet on the retrieve. The glide reminds me of the GC178. I got it to glide to about 2-3' only on 22lb mono. I fished it for around an hour in dirty stained water - ~1' visibility.