New around here. Figured I'd do a intro

jmftattoo

Hi guys. Name is james. I'm an angler out of Vegas. Picked up my first swim bait set up today from a good friend and figured what better time to do an intro. I've been lurking for quite a while. Excited to finally start throwing these big baits with the proper gear finally. Pretty well versed in forums so I'll do my best to search etc before posting newb questions. Picked up a dobyns 806 and and a Luna 300 and my buddy let me borrow a deps to start throwing to get used to. Will def be picking up some baits from here.

Are their any post pre req's as far as buying and selling goes on the black market? Number of posts before you can buy/sell/trade ? Hope everyone's doing great! Have a good one. Tight lines. Will post a pic of the new set up once I'm at a laptop.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Downloaded a image re sizer for my iPad so let's see if this works. Here's the new set up. Dobyns 806 and a daiwa Luna 300. He's letting me borrow the deps so I can get used to throwing them. We're going out tomorrow for stripers. Hopefully I'll get to post a pic of my first fish on this awesome rig.

post-25693-0-21521000-1449432668_thumb.jpeg

Nice setup...switch reel hands before you get too locked in! Good luck out there...Is that your tat shop? I was in there browsing thanksgiving week...I recognize the sign

I feel with both. My jig rods and some others are lefties so I don't have to switch when pitching and flipping and this and and my crank set up is righty. Both feel pretty natural. I work here, don't own it. It's called bad apple tattoo. It's located in Vegas about 5 miles west of the strip.

I feel with both. My jig rods and some others are lefties so I don't have to switch when pitching and flipping and this and and my crank set up is righty. Both feel pretty natural. I work here, don't own it. It's called bad apple tattoo. It's located in Vegas about 5 miles west of the strip.

I hope you know I was teasing...kinda...good luck in the game

Hi James,

Something to consider with the Luna is switching out the drag washers for some Carbontex washers. The stock washers look and feel really brittle, and they don't stay smooth for very long. No issues since I made the switch on my Luna 253. 

Good Luck!